2.04.2009

The Mall

Last night at our ever eventful mall, my lovely missus and I were walking from Victoria's Secret to Von Maur, dressed in normal everyday clothing, when we were approached by a dirty looking blond woman.

The blond woman asked my wife, "Do you work at the food court?"

My wife said, "No."

The blond woman said, "Oh," pointed at me, and asked, "Do you work at the food court?"

I said, "No."

My wife said, "Why do you ask?"

The blond woman shrugged her shoulders, let out an indeterminate, "eh," and increased her speed, leaving us behind.

Why did she ask us this? Nobody knows. Was she trying to steal from us? If so, she didn't do a very good job as she stole nothing. Do my wife and I wear a constant odor of Chick-Fil-A? Taco John's? Sbarro?!? So many questions.

4 comments:

The Goob said...

Are you sure she wasn't talking on a Blue Tooth?

If not, you probably should have given her a piece of paper.

Love this post. You (nor I) are typically big on brevity, but in some cases it's golden.

Anonymous said...

You should have said yes, asked her for $6.42, and then glared impatiently until she paid for her damn food.

Ashley Schrage said...

maybe you should try giving your deodorant an extra click in the mornings from now on.

oh, and thanks for adding me to your blogroll! i feel really special! If I had a blogroll, you'd TOTALLY make the cut. Although, I kind of feel like your blog is super secret and not for everyone :)

Kelsey said...

I really enjoy the length of this blog. I think it's just right. I also wonder if because I was wearing a red fleece she thought I worked at MaidRite and since you were wearing a black shirt, you worked at Sbarro.